UFC 280 is the most stacked event of the year with one of the most anticipated fights in decades headlining the card. The fighting pride of Brazil, Charles ‘Du Bronx’ Oliveira, looks to be a two-time UFC lightweight champion, by putting a stopper on Khabib protégé Islam Makhachev. However, you’ll find excitement all the way into the early prelims with this one.
The Best Fights to Watch from UFC 280
UFC 280 Prelims (Beginning 3/4pm BST)
- Muhammad Mokaev faces his first stiff competition in Malcolm Gordon
- Savage Lucas Almeida faces the ever game Zubaira Tukhugov
- Knockout artist and former title contender Volkan Oezdemir faces the Ukrainan finisher Nikita Krylov (28 wins, 27 finishes)
- It’s striking versus grappling in Makhmud Muradov (17 KO’s) vs Caio Borralho
- Belal Muhammad guards the top 5 against the undefeated, and highly touted Sean Brady
UFC 280 Main Card (Beginning 7pm BST)
- Beneil Dariush fights the unstoppable Mateusz Gamrot for a spot at lightweight title contention
- Former champ Petr Yan takes on the considerably lower ranked but extremely dangerous Sean O’Malley.
- Bantamweight champ Aljamain Sterling defends his title against former champ T.J. Dillashaw
- Charles Oliveira and Islam Makhachev battle for the lightweight crown
The JUST BLEED Report – UFC 280: Oliveira vs Makhachev
The Finishers of UFC 280
The average finish rate of UFC 280 fighters is 65.7%. UFC 280 fighters have a combined win/loss record of 470 wins, and 90 losses (85.05% win rate), this isn’t counting draws or no contests.
Don’t blink when you watch these fighters:
- Lucas Almeida and Magomed Mustafaev both have 100% finish rates
- Nikita Krylov is a light-heavyweight with 27 finishes in 28 wins
- Charles Oliveira is a no brainer, 30 finishes in 33 wins
The following fighters all have finishing rates 75% or above
- Malcolm Gordon (78.57%)
- Makhmud Muradov (80%)
- Sean O’Malley (80%)
- A.J. Dobson (83.33%)
- Gadzhi Omargadzhiev (84.62%)
- Armen Petrosyan (85.71%)
- Yamoto Nishikawa (85.71%)
Watch out for these rising stars:
- Sean Brady and Muhammad Mokaev are coming in undefeated
- Manon Fiorot, Ciao Borralho, Gadzhi Omargadzhiev, Lucas Almeida, Sean O’Malley, Mateusz Gamrot, and islam Makhachev all have win rates of 90% or above.
The Verdict – UFC 280
UFC 280 is rammed with action from top to bottom. There really isn’t a low point for the entire card and many of the fights will deliver, at least on paper. The excitement factor is through the roof, with fights either being between extremely high skill competitors, or for high stake outcomes.
|JUST BLEED REPORT – UFC 280: Oliveira vs Makhachev|
Thank you for reading, drop a comment below! Enjoy MMA, boxing, BJJ, or anything else martial arts? Join The Fight Forum to discuss everything combat sports related.